Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Mad Maiden Ch3: The Thief and the Reaper

After obtaining the Goblin Gotan's belongings and a map to the guild; Val set off to the lower end district of the city. She loved being at the shop with her adoptive father and all, but there was just this feeling of being at home around all these shady people.

Turning down a dead end alley way she came up to the sewer grate that was marked on the map. Opening it and climbing inside, surprisingly there wasn't a stench. Following the tunnels down the area opened up into what looks like a off the beaten path cavern.

There were a few other beings there in cloaks, playing cards and sitting near barrel fires. Down the hall were a set of doors with a few people in front of it. When she stepped up, one of them stopped her.

“Hold on there girly; I haven’t seen you around in these parts. What is your business here?”

Val handed the man a note, which she prepared a ahead of time. The note read; [I am here on a mission on behalf of Pervox. I was requested to speak to a man named Wisp. He was close with one of our party members, Gotan, a Goblin Assassin.]

The man told Val to wait as he went inside no doubt to clear the note with this man called Wisp. Eventually, the door man did return, and no longer carrying her note, but a longsword. “Alright hand over your weapon and come quietly.”

Val looked at the man with a questioning expression. The man was getting agitated. “Look I had a rough day. Just do what I say so we can go see the boss.” Val shook her head backed up slightly.
Suddenly when she felt a hand grab her wrist from behind, Val's mind went into panic mode.

Yanking her hand away she drew her weapon extending the handle to it's bludgeoning mode. She spun around and cracked the man who grabbed her upside the head. Hearing a yell behind her she spun again to block a downward strike by the door man.

Kicking him away and flipping a switch on her handle, her weapon unfolds into all its glory. Her precious in her hands as she waits for her enemies to approach. “Get her!” As the people charges Val quickly changes into a defensive stance.

“Shit. Five-on-one and these guys are sword and dagger users. To be honest, I can only hope they aren't good at fighting.” It's times like these where Valery hates being wrong. Some of them got a few good hits in, and Val has a few cuts and nicks.

The others however were doing a lot worse. One lost his leg due to a failing to dodge. Another got a few broken ribs from Val crushing their chest with her scythe's shaft. The last one was impaled from her deadly back swing.

That said, amidst this carnage her energy was dwindling.  These were no fresh recruits. Jumping back five feet and panting, she couldn't believe she was fighting for her life now, and NOT for pleasure.

Then out of no where, there was a quick loud noise and Val went stiff. “Huh!? I. . . I can't move! WHY CAN'T I MOVE!?”  She then felt a quick jab to her neck. After that there was nothing but darkness. . .

Val regained consciousness several hours later. As her eyes open she realizes she can't move her hands and feet from the chair she was now tied to. “Great. Now I'm tied to a chair. Not the most comfortable place I've been tied down, but eh.” 

Val lifts her head to the sound of someone laughing. In front of her sits a Half-ling man in black studded leather armor sitting on some sort of throne. Around him are piles and piles of weapons, armor, gold, treasure, potions and women.

The man is currently fiddling with an earring he is wearing, and holding . . . her scythe, but it was a lot smaller than she remembers.

“Fascinating thing this is. A pair of magically connected earrings with Detect Thoughts. I was wondering why you had all of these notes; ya must be a mute. However, it is nowhere close to this scythe you possess. A hand crafted Transformitive combat scythe. You are one of the rare ones who use this sort of deadly weapon.”

Val is glaring daggers at him. “And you are one of the very few people to ever hold my sweetheart. Wisp I presume? Leader of the thieves guild?”  Wisp nods at her.

“That's right darling, the one and only. By my understanding your name is Valery. Sorry that we had to meet under such a rash situation, but you did kinda kill my best poisoner, and cripple my best stalker. Not going to lie to you, that was a dick move.”

“Well good thing I don't have one. And I did end up fighting, so you can't call me a pussy either so ha!” Wisp just shakes his head.

“Alright lets get this over with. Your note says you were sent to me by Pervox himself huh? One: why is that? Two: how did you know where to find us? And three: why do you have the possessions of my small little friend Gotan?”

Val replies “Well I was sent here to solve some conflicts that have arisen. I found you through a map Gotan had in his possession.”

Wisp looks at her in shock. “That dumb ass goblin almost compromised my base with a FUCKING DETAILED MAP ON HOW TO GET HERE!!?”

Val shrugs “Eh I wouldn't say detailed, but yeah it was easy to follow. Anyway as for the little dumb ass, for what I was told he perished in a dungeon. I was sent here to return his belongings and resolve the tension between the guild and Pervox.”

Wisp listens to this and thinks about it. After a while he nods his head and finally answers. “Alright miss Mortis, You may go and return to whatever war you are fighting, Pervox is forgiven.” As he says this he snaps his finger and the ropes on Val's wrists and ankles untie.

“Good thank you. Now if you don't mind I'll take my armor and weapons and be off.” She says as she stands. Wisp starts to laugh at that.

“Ha you're funny there girly, as that wasn't part of the deal.”

Valery was not happy. “Oh? Well in that case then what will I hafta do in order to get my stuff back?”

Wisp looks at Val thinking for a bit, “And before you ask no way in hell your half pint ass is getting anywhere near this.” She says as she points to herself ,“I don't swing that way.”

Wisp just shrugs and says “Alright fine, but in exchange for your belonging you're going to owe me some day.” He proceeds to hand over her scythe and it automatically resizes for her height. One of his men comes along with a bag full of her remaining gear.

“Now that this is settled do not EVER come back. We will find you when I decide to call in that favor.” Val nods at him and walks out of the guild.

She unfolds her scythe again and hugs it “Don't worry baby, mama won't let any other ugly men touch you ever again. Now let's go clean you . . . thoroughly.”


<Previous                     First Part                          Next>

No comments:

Post a Comment